We are striving to ensure that all Canadian student-athletes flourish in and out of competition, across all life domains.Mission
We are a charitable organization and champion for student-athlete mental health in Canada. SAMHI’s mission is to eliminate mental illness stigma in post-secondary sport and facilitate access to the resources needed to maintain and improve mental health.Strategic Directions
- Adopt a student-athlete centered approach.
- Reduce harmful mental illness stigma in sport through communication campaigns and media work.
- Connect student-athletes, coaches and staff to the tools and resources needed to support mental health.
- Work with governing and administrative bodies in Canadian sport to address policy and service gaps.
- Collaborate with Canadian post-secondary institutions and community partners to establish SAMHI as a leading mental health resource for student-athletes.